Two day workshop
The Mental Health First Aid Course teaches participants how to provide initial support to adults who are developing a mental illness or experiencing a mental health crisis.
The course covers the signs and symptoms of common mental health problems such as depression, anxiety, psychosis and substance use. Mental health crisis situations are also covered, including:
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviours
- Non-suicidal self-injury (sometimes called deliberate self-harm)
- Panic attacks
- Traumatic events
- Severe effects of drug and alcohol use
- Severe psychotic states
- Aggressive behaviours
Participants learn how to provide initial help, first aid in a crisis situation and where to access professional help. The workshop helps people apply mental health first aid in many settings – with family, friends, co-workers and team mates and more formal helping roles.
- Mental Health First Aid - Monday 24 & Tuesday 25 August, 9:00am-4:30pm - Book here
- Blended Online Mental Health First Aid Community Course - Friday 23 October & Friday 30 October - Book here (Please note this course is completely online and consists of self-guided e-learning and video conferencing sessions)
to register your interest for future workshops.
For more information, please contact Lifeline WA Training on email@example.com or phone 08 9261 4444.
Enquire About a Course
To receive information on upcoming training and workshops, sign up to our Lifeline WA Training email here.