One Day Workshop
This one day workshop provides non-counsellors with basic skills to assist people dealing with difficult situations or who may be angry or distressed.
What you will learn:
- A brief introduction to counselling theory
- A model for guiding conversations sensitively and effectively
- Key skills and phrases to use when assisting others
- Ways to respond to difficult situations or to strong emotions
- Self-care and boundaries
Who is this course for?
This course is for people with no counselling experience who may find from time to time they are required to deal with people facing difficult issues or people with challenging behaviours.
“Loved the session! Laura kept us all engaged and is a natural and knowledgeable presenter. The course helped give me confidence dealing with families and a range of complex situations. Great to pick up tips and useful strategies. I look forward to attending more courses and will recommend to my co-workers.” - Accidental Counsellor participant
Current Workshops: (The July workshops are sponsored by CSBP Fertilisers, so there is no cost to participants)
- Accidental Counsellor – Tuesday, 23 August, 9am to 4pm - Register Here
For more information, please contact Lifeline WA Training on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 9261 4444.
Enquire About a Course
To receive information on upcoming training and workshops, sign up to our Lifeline WA Training email here.